Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  set mac command

Posted 08-23-2009 05:59

hi all

i have problem using the command set mac . i can't put the interface as you see below

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fw-> set mac xxxxxxxxxxxxxx interface eth1/3
    Invalid interface eth1/3
                                                      ^--------unknown keyword eth1/3
    fw-> set mac xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx interface ethernet1/3
    Invalid interface ethernet1/3
                                                      ^-------------unknown keyword ethernet1/3

fw-> set mac xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx interface ethernet1/2
    Invalid interface ethernet1/2
                                                      ^-------------unknown keyword ethernet1/2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    any body knows what is the correct syntax ?

thanks 

• 2.  RE: set mac command
    Best Answer

Posted 08-23-2009 10:29

Hi Alaa

do u wanna set static mac or static arp ?

if you wanna set static mac you should deploy your firewall as transparent mode.

you can refer to this KB

http://kb.juniper.net/index?page=content&id=KB6120&actp=search&searchid=1251048406434

-------

The 'set MAC' command sets a static MAC address per interface to the MAC learning table of the Juniper Firewall NetScreen device. This command is only available on NetScreen devices in transparent mode. If the NetScreen is in NAT or Route mode, the 'set MAC' command will not take any effect. There is no way to change the MAC address of the physical interface itself.

-------

but if you wanna set static arp, this command like below 

set arp <IP address> <Mac> <interface>

Thanks

EL

• 3.  RE: set mac command

Posted 08-25-2009 09:32

You can check if your box is in NAT/route or transparent mode with CLI "get sys | i System"

• 4.  RE: set mac command

Posted 08-25-2009 13:53

hi Caesar

it's on route/nat mode

thanks 

Alaa

• 5.  RE: set mac command

Posted 08-25-2009 13:53

Hi Elkim

thanks for the info