Security
Security is top-of-mind, especially right here where Juniper experts share their insights on the latest security trends and breakthroughs
Juniper Employee , Juniper Employee Juniper Employee
Security
Cyber Security Challenge UK gets a step closer
Mar 10, 2014

Last week the Cyber Security Challenge Masterclass got a step closer when organisers completed a dry run with volunteer contestants – all sworn to secrecy.

The dry run simulated all aspects of the challenge that will include 7 teams of contestants working to defeat the latest cyber security threats when the challenge runs for later this week.

For the last 4 weeks teams from BT, Juniper Networks, the National Crime Agency (NCA) and Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) have been busy working away in a secret location to build the most devious and realistic cyber security test scenario possible (see last week’s blog ‘A Cyber Attack on UK Plc!’).

The aim? To test the challenge candidates in ways that will help bring out the best of their individual and team talents; identifying how they may be able to play a future role in the cyber-security industry and showing what and exciting and dynamic environment it can be to work in.

I wish I could share the details of the challenge, but I can’t – you’ll have to wait until after the challenge takes place on March 13th, 14th and 15th. What I can say is that the approach is mind blowing! These guys have really thought this through and those taking part in the live event will experienced the most realistic cyber simulation in civi-street. Leaving with a knowledge of both the industry and themselves that will be immensely rewarding.

What's your security future look like?

Good luck to all the contestants in the challenge – it could be the makings of your new career!

Top Kudoed Members