Security
Security is top-of-mind, especially right here where Juniper experts share their insights on the latest security trends and breakthroughs
Recognized Expert Recognized Expert , Recognized Expert Recognized Expert Recognized Expert
Security
Introducing Ajay Bharadwaj—Security & Mobility Now Blogger
Apr 4, 2014

Allow me to introduce another of our new Security & Mobility Now bloggers. Please meet Ajay Bharadwaj, product manager for mobile security at Juniper Networks.

What did you want to be growing up? Did you see yourself where you are now?

It was all about opportunity and timing. I wanted to be a professor of physics, but as I was finishing my undergrad studies, the opportunities in Valley were (and probably still are) better suited for coders (surprise!). So I decided to hoist my sails favoring the wind.

I had three offers for my very first internship and I think those choices solidified my journey. I certainly didn’t have a crystal ball, but I have no regrets looking back. I still love cosmology and Einstein fascinates me as much as I like programming (now, of course, being in product management).

What led you to Juniper?

Juniper has been a leader in the security business for a while and, in fact, pioneered various facets of it. It was the prospects of driving the growth and roadmap for an enterprise class product with a great team and manager that made me gravitate to this role.  

Tell us about your blogs. What do you write about?

I like to write about security topics that are current and relevant to everyday people. I’d like to call it “official and not so official.” I want to use my blog to convey information about the products I work on and, more importantly, share my ideas. I’m always open to hearing from others and any feedback will serve as validation.

cape of good hope.jpg

What do you like to do when you’re not working? What’s your passion?

I’d like to say, “There is no such thing as free time.” Smiley Happy Spending moments with friends and family takes up a good portion of my life outside work. Of course, I try to squeeze in time for reading, some travel and sports.

Please connect further with Ajay on JNet or Twitter.