Blog Viewer

Introducing Kyle Adams – Security & Mobility Now Blogger

By Erdem posted 11-25-2013 07:00

Allow me to introduce another of our Security & Mobility Now bloggers. Please meet Kyle Adams, our chief software architect for Junos WebApp Secure.

What did you want to be growing up? Did you see yourself where you are now?

Pretty much from as early as I can remember, I have wanted to be a programmer.  My family bought our first computer when I was about 10, and from that day, I started teaching myself how to program.  First with QBasic, then Visual Basic, and eventually HTML, CSS, JS, Perl, C/C++, C#, Java and a few other random languages.  I started getting interested in physical security and computer security around 13, and taught myself how to pick locks, break software and bypass access controls.  I never thought all of those things would eventually come together as a profession, but I couldn’t be happier with the outcome.

What led you to Juniper?

I started out working as an intern for a company called BlueTie in Rochester, NY.  That eventually led to a spinoff called Mykonos Software, which specialized in a highly secure full-featured AJAX Web application development framework, and eventually evolved into a standalone Web application security solution.  Mykonos was then sold to Juniper Networks, which is how I eventually joined the company.  It’s been an interesting road getting where I am now, but I absolutely love working for Juniper, and the exceptional and passionate people that keep it strong.

Tell us about your blogs. What do you write about?

I like to write about anything related to security with a focus on Web security.  I enjoy analyzing publically disclosed breaches to gain and share insight into how they may have taken place, and how other companies can avoid similar breaches. It’s always fun trying to take the sparse details that are published, and trying to piece the attack back together.

What do you like to do when you’re not working? What’s your passion?

tube clock.jpgI have several hobbies, some more in-line with my job, such as security research, and random software development projects.  Others are less related such as microelectronics/embedded programming and photography.  I also enjoy cycling, camping, kayaking, and hiking.

Please connect further with Kyle on Twitter or JNet.