Blog Viewer

Introducing Scott Emo–Security & Mobility Now Blogger

By Erdem posted 01-08-2014 07:00

Allow me to introduce another of our Security & Mobility Now bloggers. Please meet Scott Emo, director of product marketing for mobile security at Juniper Networks.

What did you want to be growing up? Did you see yourself where you are now?

I grew up in a small town on a dairy farm in Upstate New York, where my work ethic was instilled in me (along with the bitter cold and snow).  My job (yes, kids are cheap labor on a farm), was to keep things running.  So I would repair everything that broke down equipment and animals alike.  I fixed broken chains on combines, changed the oil in tractors, and even delivered a calf or two when momma cow was having troubles.  I knew I never wanted to remain on the farm in my father’s footsteps, since I would sneeze (a lot) any time I was around animals or hay.  Since computers and software didn’t have dander, my career steered (pun intended) me away from animal husbandry to silicon. 

What led you to Juniper?

Juniper is in a unique position in the market, where their networking and security expertise combination is a force to be reckoned with.  Who better to secure the internet and its users than a pioneer who built it?  I’ve been in high tech product marketing for over 20 years, and security for nine of those. I chose to leave Check Point Software to join the Juniper security team because I believe that the timing is right for Juniper to break out in the security space. 

Tell us about your blogs. What do you write about?

I like to write about security topics that are current and relevant to everyday people.  There are blogs for hackers and security gurus.  But security is a topic for everyone who is online.  If I can get my mom to become security aware (surf safely), then my job is done, at least for that day.

What do you like to do when you’re not working? What’s your passion?

scott family.jpg

I’m all about the family.  And hockey.  Mix the two and we have a night with the San Jose Sharks! 

Please connect further with Scott on JNet.