Blog Viewer

Juniper at Gitex 2013, 20-24th Oct – In Review

By Erdem posted 10-24-2013 07:11

This week we relaunched Juniper Networks into the Middle East at Gitex Techology Week in Dubai. After spending four days with our MEA team, meeting several partners and customers I feel truly pumped up about the opportunity in the Middle East as well as the endorsement of Juniper’s security strategy.

What I found interesting is the awareness and concern from customers around security. No matter which vertical sector they operate within, they face very much the same challenges, albeit to various levels of concern.

Dubai Collage small.png

Questions such as “How do I enable BYOD?”, “How do I protect my applications in the data center from attacks?”, “How do I mitigate DDoS and AppDos attacks?”, “How can I prove the business value of our security strategy to my business leaders?” or “How do I secure my virtualized environment without having to increase traffic load to my firewall (either virtual or physical)” – are all great examples of challenges our Middle East customers are facing.

Juniper’s Security vision fits perfectly into the needs of the customers, with our secure the data center offering solving both need of visualizing attacks on customers web applications, mitigating DDoS and AppDos attacks as well as securing traffic between VM's in a virtualized environment or our secure access & mobility story that resolves enabling BYOD or consumerization of IT.  

You might realize that we at Juniper were kept very busy with answering these questions from customers and showing them our strategy.

To meet all our partners and continue to build out on these relationships was extremely valuable for us. I feel comfortable in that we have a solid partner base and even more partners whom want to work with us in the Middle East. There is so much demand in the market that strong partnerships are vital for success and meeting the demand.

I look forward following and participating in our continued success in the Middle East.