Blog Viewer

i3D.net leverages Juniper Networks Software Defined Secure Networks Platform to Protect its Customers’ Business-Critical Applications and Data

By Erdem posted 06-19-2017 05:18

I3D logo.png

i3D.net serves over 31,000 customers on 10,500 i3D.net servers in 22 data center locations worldwide. The company has a broad range of gaming publishers, game developers, system integrators, hosting providers and enterprise customers who require high-performance, secure and flexible networks.   

To protect its network against DDoS attacks and other malware threats while reducing its capital expenses, i3D has chosen Juniper Networks’ Software-Defined Secure Networks platform. i3D.net’s new secure and virtualized network will reduce costs due to lower shipping costs and less time to deploy new sites and voice, video and data services.  

“i3D.net operates a global distributed hosting platform, so we require a security solution that enables consistent and dynamic protection at scale” explains Stijn Koster, chief executive officer at i3D.net. “Juniper’s virtual SRX firewalls meet and exceed our secure network requirements. Our network team scaled the vSRX to mitigate DDoS attacks and filter malicious traffic aimed at our customer’s services. Security and performance are our number one priorities and Juniper’s SDSN platform allows us to deliver.”  

i3D.net decided to deploy  Juniper Networks® Sky Advanced Threat Prevention (ATP) in combination with the vSRX Virtual Firewall at its global internet backbone and carrier neutral SmartDC data center. The solution provides protection from malicious and hard to detect malware across virtual and physical environments. i3D.net is known for rapid deployment of servers globally. With vSRX, i3D.net can deploy new firewalls and security policies at these locations instantly, bringing agility to company operations.  

“The threat landscape is constantly changing and we have to adapt at the same pace because our business is online 24x7. For instance, online gaming is a big part of our business and is one of the fastest growing markets and economies in the world. With the availability of different platforms that range from personal computers to smartphones and tablets, its popularity and market size makes gaming platforms and users ideal targets for hackers. We selected Juniper’s SDSN platform to help us detect, identify, mitigate and prevent security issues anywhere in the network, keeping our own, and our customers’ infrastructure, safe.” concludes Edwin Verwoerd, networking manager at i3D.net.