Juniper Networks EX Series switches are shipped with the Juniper Networks Junos operating system (Junos OS) installed. Junos OS provides the following primary user interfaces which you can use to access, configure, and manage your EX Series switch:
- Juniper Web Device Manager (J-Web) GUI
- Junos OS CLI
The J-Web distribution model was introduced on EX Series switches for Junos OS Release 14.1X53-D10. For Junos OS Release 14.1X53-D10 and later, the J-Web interface is available in two packages:
- Application package—Provides all the features of the J-Web interface that enable you to configure, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your switch. The Application package is not installed by default on your switch and has its own release cycle independent of the Junos OS release cycle. You must download it and install it over the Platform package on your switch.
- Platform package—Provides basic features (EZ setup, interface configuration, management access, user management, static routing, and image management) of the J-Web interface that enable you to configure and maintain your switch. It is installed as part of Junos OS by default that is bundled and shipped with your EX Series switch.
To ramp up on J- Web packages for EX Series switches, click J-Web User Interface Overview.
For J-Web Application package download information for EX Series switches, click Downloads.
This article provides answers to the most common questions about the J-Web distribution model for EX Series switches and upgrading the J-Web Application package.
- Does the J-Web Application package 15.1A1 support all the features supported in the previous release...
- What are the benefits of J-Web distribution?
- Which EX Series Switches are supported with the J-Web distribution model?
- How do I upgrade the J-Web Platform package?
- How do I upgrade the J-Web Application package?
- Can I install Application package versions on top of Junos OS Releases?
- Are there switch-specific Application package images available for EX Series switches?
- Can I uninstall J-Web packages?