The New Network
Explore Juniper’s vision for network innovation and how the company and industry are transforming the future of networking
The New Network
The Mobile Market is Coming in Our Direction

What an event! As Mobile World Congress, which had record-breaking attendance this year of over 100,000 attendees from over 200 countries, has wrapped up, I have had a chance to reflect on the many insightful meetings we had last week with customers, partners and analysts. In fact, we had our best year ever in terms of number of meetings, with over a 30% increase from last year - which had set the record at the time. From this benchmark alone, the show was a huge success for us! More importantly, it shows the trust that the industry has placed in Juniper to help lead network operators through unprecedented transformation.

The entire week there seemed to be a consistent excitement in the air around industry hot topics such as 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) and virtualization/cloud. The venue in general provided so many excellent opportunities for conversation on mobile innovation, transformation and growth, that I returned from Barcelona even more energized than ever about the prospects for the industry and Juniper’s leadership role in it.

I also noticed that Juniper created nice buzz at the show with customers and analysts following our recent partnership announcements with Affirmed Networks and NEC. The new partnership with Affirmed Networks will focus on helping mobile operators quickly and profitably embrace next-gen, NFV-based architectures and reshape the way mobile networks are built. To learn more about this exciting new partnership, read the solution brief here. Also, our expanded strategic global alliance with NEC is expected to deliver the very latest NFV-based solutions to our customers.

Going into MWC 2016, I was excited about the many opportunities we would have to showcase our overarching theme, which highlights how Juniper, as the industry leader in network innovation, helps its customers “Build more than a network.”   The message, which emphasizes the fundamental business value and enhanced customer experience that a Juniper-provided intelligent, secure infrastructure can bring to mobile network operators, was well received at the show.

MWCbooth.png

Further emphasizing our “Build more than a network” theme and show messaging in a creative way, Juniper sponsored the co-creation of a Graffiti Wall with MWC organizers between Halls 3 & 5, with new sections being painted each day by a local artist over the first three days of the show. See the video below for the time-lapsed video showing the painting of this wall.

During the show, I was proud to see the great job that the Juniper team did in communicating our differentiated solutions and the business value we bring in the areas of MEC/NFV, IoT and Secure Networks. Juniper also had a strong presence at the booths of our customers and strategic alliance partners, including supporting Vodafone’s VPN+ multi-vendor demo and joint demos with NEC, NetCracker and IBM. In addition, Juniper led a session at a Fierce Wireless executive luncheon event entitled Answering the Big Question: When will Deploying SDN and NFV Payoff for Operators?

MWCpeople.png

In summary, if MWC is any indication of what we can expect in 2016, I expect it will be a dynamic and exciting year for Juniper, our partners and our mobile customers globally!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count