Training, Certification, and Career Topics

ANNOUNCEMENT: Latest info on new JNCIP/JNCIE exams

[ Edited ]
‎02-03-2011 11:59 AM

Juniper Networks Education Services is completing the Junos-based Juniper Networks Certification Program (JNCP) certifications as well as supporting training courses the Service Provider Routing and Switching (SP), Enterprise Routing and Switching (ENT), and Junos Security (SEC) tracks!

To complete the Professional-level of the Junos-based certification tracks, the following new written, scenario-based certification exams will be released: JNCIP-SEC (April), JNCIP-SP (May), JNCIP-ENT (May).

To complete the Expert-level of the Junos-based certification tracks, the following new lab-based certification exams will be released: JNCIE-SEC (June), JNCIE-SP (July), JNCIE-ENT (August).

Students will now have a complete training and certification path that reflects career opportunities and job roles in networking, aligned with industry usage of Juniper Networks' portfolio of products and solutions.

in support of the new certifications, the following six new Professional-level courses are now available for enrollments:

For full details on new exams and training courses, as well as EoL dates for legacy exams and training course, go to http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/news/2011/20110131-completing-professional-junos...

Regards,

JNCP Team

32 REPLIES 32

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Latest info on new JNCIP/JNCIE exams

‎02-16-2011 07:55 AM

Hi,

I want to know two things

1)_ if a person has done JNCIP-M and wants to take the JNCIE-M exam in 2012 session. Is it possible he can attempt the same version JNCIE-M series exam?

2)_ If a JNCIP exam is expired and want to take the JNCIE exam. Is he will have to clear the JNCIP exam again and then take JNCIE exam with new version that J launched? 

Thanks,

mehd

Best Regards,
Mehdi

-Moving on & on-

‎02-16-2011 08:23 AM
Hi Mehd,

My responses to your questions below.

1)_ if a person has done JNCIP-M and wants to take the JNCIE-M exam in 2012 session. Is it possible he can attempt the same version JNCIE-M series exam?

NO - the JNCIE-M exam will end of life Sept 2011 (here is the link again where this information is detailed - http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/news/2011/20110131-completing-professional-junos...)

2)_ If a JNCIP exam is expired and want to take the JNCIE exam. Is he will have to clear the JNCIP exam again and then take JNCIE exam with new version that J launched? 

Yes.  You cannot attempt any lab exams if your pre-req certifications are expired on the date the exam is scheduled for.  You should work to recertify your JNCIP-M if it is expiring.  A detialed explaination of your options can be found here http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/news/2011/20110209-recert-table.html.

Regards,

Liz Burns

Liz Burns
Director, Education Services
Certification and Marketing Programs

Kudos are always appreciated!

‎02-16-2011 09:19 PM

Regarding JNCIP, can you explain more? what is scenario based test?

If i apply next month will it lab only test?

[ Edited ]
‎02-17-2011 09:34 AM

Hi,

The JNCIP exams will largely be made up of questions that contain a small scenario or situation, and then you will be asked a question about that scenario.

The JNCIP-SP written exam will be avaialble in May 2011.  The JNCIP-M lab exam will retire in July 2011.

Check here for all the details - http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/news/2011/20110131-completing-professional-junos...

Regards,

Kieran

‎02-18-2011 07:01 AM

‎02-18-2011 11:07 AM

Enk,

I was able to access the web page by going in via the www.juniper.net than Education, than Technical Certification.  Not sure why the link is not working but the web site is up.

Thanks!

Liz

Liz Burns

[ Edited ]
‎02-18-2011 05:46 PM

Hi enk,

The URL had a period attached, just remove it when the browser opens and you should be fine.

Regards,

Kieran

‎02-20-2011 08:24 PM

Hi liz burns,

Thanks for your details description.

One more thing that i want to renew my JNCIP-M series certification through this JNCIP-SP written exam and not with JNCIE-M series lab exam that is expiring. Please give me some information that how i can change it and how much JNCIP-SP written exam "costs"? is it still 1400$ or less? or what type of exam it will be?

As JNCIE-M series is about to expire so I have to have change the track towards JNCIE-SP while after doing JNCIP-SP written exam.

Can you please give us some more detail about JNCIP-SP written exam?

and what about the steps if anyone has done JNCIP-M series exam already and what he should do next as well as renew his previous cert.?

Either

step 1 - JNCIS-SP

step 2 -JNCIP-SP

or directly

step 2-JNCIP-SP

A storm of confusions in my mind ?????

regards,

Mehdi

Best Regards,
Mehdi

-Moving on & on-

‎02-22-2011 04:05 AM

Dear Mehdi,

You can recertify your JNCIP-M by taking the JNCIP-SP exam when available.  You do not need to get the JNCIS-SP to do this.  The JNCIP-SP exam will be a written, scenerio based exam available through Prometric testing centers for $300.  Once you pass this exam your certification will be JNCIP-SP.  You can than attempt the JNCIE-SP exam when available.  This will be a lab based exam, offered thorugh Juniper for $1400.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Liz

Liz Burns

‎02-27-2011 11:00 PM

Hi,

Thanks alot for your time and response. it would really help me. Really thankful to you for such cooperation and the information.

Best Regards,
Mehdi

-Moving on & on-

‎03-02-2011 06:44 AM

Hello,

Do you plan to release study guides for the new Service Provider track as it was done for M/T-track?

They were very-very useful in preparation phase.

Thank you for your feedback in advance!

Best regards,

Bela Doczi

JNCIP-M #1201

‎03-02-2011 02:08 PM

Hi Bela,

Study guides are currenlty under discussion.  Things are not far enough along to provide any specific info, but I can tell you we are in the planning stages.

Regards,

Kieran

‎03-09-2011 04:14 AM

Hello,

I am a partner employee and very interested in the JNCIE-SEC exam.  Will there be a "beta" exam available because this certification is brand new, and can I take it at a conference or convention?  If not, I guess I can look for the lab to be available in June?  If that is the case, will there be some kind of resources or training in advance that I can use to prepare for what surely will be a rigorous exam?  I am armed to the hilt with all flavors of Juniper security hardware and have lots of customers to protect and lab environments to test in, but obviously would like to not have to stumble into the exam blindly when it releases.  

Thanks,

Shane

‎03-09-2011 05:38 AM

Yes we will be doing beta deliveries globally, but these are by invitation only.  If you would like to be considered please send me a direct email with your current certifications, experience, location, etc.  Before you can obtain a JNCIE-SEC certification you must have the JNCIP-SEC.  That exam - written and delivered at Prometric testing centers - will be avilalble in April.  The exam description and courses for study are available at http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/es_track.html.  The JNCIE-SEC exam description will come out this week.

Regards,

Liz

Liz Burns

‎03-16-2011 08:43 PM

Hi Folks,

I'm JNCIS-M/T certify and still valid until january 2012.

can i take JNCIP-SP this year? without taking JNCIS-SP or JNCIA-JUNOS.

Thanks in advance.

BR//WS

‎03-17-2011 03:19 AM

Good Morning,

Correct,  you can take the JNCIP-SP without taking the JNCIA-JUNOS or JNCIS-SP if you are already JNCIS-M certified.  If you have any more questions please let me know.

Staci Robinson
Juniper Networks Certification Program

‎03-21-2011 02:57 AM

Hi Liz!

Could you please clarify  information about the JNCIE-M exam end of life Sept 2011

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/news/2011/20110131-completing-professional-junos...

the EoL of JNCIE-M is September 2011, so it is the last month when it is possible to attend the JNCIE-M LAB exam. Am I correct?

thank you,

Anatoly

‎03-21-2011 04:19 AM

Correct - we will not offer the lab exam for the JNCIE-M after September 2011.  However, any certification earned prior to that date is valid and active for our standard 2 years.

Regards,

Liz Burns

‎03-25-2011 09:12 AM

Hi,

I have a question regarding JNCIE-M, Lets say if I pass JNCIP-SP in May 2011 will that serve as a prerequisite for JNCIE-M as it will be available till sep-2011. I mean can i give JNCIE-M after passing JNCIP-SP.

~B