Training, Certification, and Career Topics

Can we register and take exam JNCIE using expired JNCIP?

‎04-30-2019 12:23 AM

Hi Certification Team,

May i know whether i can register and take JNCIE exam with expired JNCIP / or without JNCIP? The reason becausei have the JNCIE exam voucher that almost expired and need to use it ASAP? Or whether we can do backward certification? I mean can take the exam JNCIE but if pass the JNCIE still not valid until get JNCIP?

Thanks and appreciate any feedback

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can we register and take exam JNCIE using expired JNCIP?

‎04-30-2019 04:34 AM

To my knowledge you can always take an exam and pass but it will not become valid before prerequisite exams are passed.

So you should be able to use your voucher and then plan for the matching JNCIP afterwards. That exams should at least be quite easy if you pass the JNCIE :-)

P.S. I actually think the voucher just needs to be used before expiration - but the actual booking for the test can be after the voucher is expired. So maybe go that way an recertify your JNCIP before going for the JNCIE...

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Klingenberg
Systems Engineer, SEC DATACOM A/S (Denmark)

‎04-30-2019 06:20 AM

Hi,

But  when i try to register using official url it said not eligible. So appreciate someone advise if we can register exam without using that url.

Thanks

‎04-30-2019 08:39 PM

We can not register for JNCIE without a valid JNCIP certifcation. During registration it will check for pre-requisites (i.e valid JNCIP) using certmanager ID. There is no alternate registration URL.

Thanks,
Nellikka
JNCIE x3 (SEC #321; SP #2839; ENT #790)
Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!

‎05-03-2019 11:42 AM

That is correct. To regsiter for a JNCIE exam, you must hold the acitve JNCIP certification within the same track at the time of registraton. 

Regards,

JNCP Team