Training and Certification

last person joined: 3 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  JIR: Lab example configurations?

Posted 09-21-2014 13:29
    I purchased JIR (Junos Intermediate Routing) from OnFulfillment and am digging in. I have all of the hardware I need to work through the material, but where can I get my hands on the configuration files referenced in the lab guides? There were no included media with the books and Google+forum search hasn't helped. Example file name reference in first lab: /var/home/lab/jir/lab1-start.config

• 2.  RE: JIR: Lab example configurations?
    Best Answer

Posted 09-22-2014 03:54

Unfortunately the lab configurations are only available to education partners.  This is one of the disadvantages of self study for the class material.

Or you could consider it an opportunity for more advanced learning by reverse engineering what is required to have the lab perform as scripted and shown in the lab diagrams.

What I generally did since I did not have the exact equipment was setup a similar scenario on what I did have and practice the configuration options outlined in the labs. 

This does force you to really understand the objectives and topology.  But it is also a lot more work.