Training and Certification

last person joined: 3 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  JNCIE-SP Lab Juniper M10 Logical Systems

Posted 05-25-2013 17:44

Hi,

I have an M10 with an RE2.0 that I want to use for JNCIE-SP lab. I was thinking of upgrading the RE RAM to 768 and using logical systems to build my topologies. I believe the latest code it will run is 10.4.

Resources and information regarding this router are quite limited now due to its age. Has anyone used this router for their lab work, is it worth doing or should I just go and get an M7i?

Also does this router use the same code as the M10i?

Thanks

Steve

• 2.  RE: JNCIE-SP Lab Juniper M10 Logical Systems
    Best Answer

Posted 05-25-2013 20:41

steve_ayres@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

Hi,

I have an M10 with an RE2.0 that I want to use for JNCIE-SP lab. I was thinking of upgrading the RE RAM to 768 and using logical systems to build my topologies. I believe the latest code it will run is 10.4.

Resources and information regarding this router are quite limited now due to its age. Has anyone used this router for their lab work, is it worth doing or should I just go and get an M7i?

Also does this router use the same code as the M10i?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

yes I use a M10 as well, RE2.0/768Mb would do the trick but if you can upgrade to a RE3.0 with 2Gb RAM will be even better and faster.  There is only one Junos that rules them all.  That's the beauty of it 🙂

PM me if you need more details how to build it.

Marius

• 3.  RE: JNCIE-SP Lab Juniper M10 Logical Systems

Posted 05-26-2013 05:45

Thanks Marius Smiley Happy

I'll PM you as I have a couple of questions to ask.