Training, Certification, and Career Topics

JNCIS-SP MPLS practice?

[ Edited ]
‎01-16-2020 12:12 PM

I'm prepping for JNCIS-SP and haven't found any MPLS related practice questions in the Genius exams or elsewhere. Does someone have a source?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: JNCIS-SP MPLS practice?

‎01-16-2020 12:31 PM

This is just my personal experience.

In JNCIS-SP, there's not much deep knowledge requirement for MPLS. Questions like what are the two types of label destribution protcocols. A. OSPF B. LDP C. RSVP D. BGP. You choose B and D. Or they asks differences between a inet.0/inet.3/mpls.0 tabls. Something that level. 

If you finish reading any Juniper books related to MPLS, this part should not be challenging. However, it would be go into more details in JNCIP and JNCIE. For practice purpose, only thing I can find publicly is the practice exams on Juniper Genius for JNCIP-SP. You may get a sense of MPLS questions. You can ignore MPLS L3VPN and MPLS L2VPN part for now. 

Mengzhe Hu
JNCIE x 3 (SP DC ENT)

‎01-16-2020 12:32 PM

Correcting a typo

This is just my personal experience.

In JNCIS-SP, there's not much deep knowledge requirement for MPLS. Questions like what are the two types of label destribution protcocols. A. OSPF B. LDP C. RSVP D. BGP. You choose B and C. Or they asks differences between a inet.0/inet.3/mpls.0 tabls. Something that level. 

If you finish reading any Juniper books related to MPLS, this part should not be challenging. However, it would be go into more details in JNCIP and JNCIE. For practice purpose, only thing I can find publicly is the practice exams on Juniper Genius for JNCIP-SP. You may get a sense of MPLS questions. You can ignore MPLS L3VPN and MPLS L2VPN part for now. 

Mengzhe Hu
JNCIE x 3 (SP DC ENT)

‎01-17-2020 03:07 AM

The Junos Genius app does have a whole series of material organized for the JNCIS-SP as part of the program.

Create a free account here.

https://cloud.contentraven.com/junosgenius/login

Also Mengzhe note there is an edit button  for your own posts on the option menu.  Once you are logged in to the forums you can edit previous posts to correct issues like that.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
http://puluka.com/home