Training and Certification

last person joined: 6 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Marvelous!!! New Kortex document reader for Juniper secure documents -

Posted 08-02-2017 18:05

After the depressing, frustratiing, anger rising, blood pressure raising, rip the hair out years of dealing with that intrusive Watchdox, finally Juniper has rectified the situation. It is not often I feel the need to express myself this way, but after setting it up (takes about 10 minutes - login,change password, install desktop client and download the library) I left smiling and happy. All that I needed to do with my files is now possible and in one place. And there is no stupid distracting watermark on every page covering up some of the information. Go to the configuration and set the zoom level to page fit and man, I am still typing! Cannot contain my excitement! Kortex is a WINNER!! Now that the cat is out of the bag, I really hope they just leave it alone and not attempt to fix. So far it is working. Please Juniper, DO NOT MESS with Kortex!

• 2.  RE: Marvelous!!! New Kortex document reader for Juniper secure documents -

Posted 08-03-2017 02:36

Hi

I'm using Kortext for Juniper electronic courseware for about a week. I agree it is great and much better than what we had before. No functionality for page scrolling so far, otherwise no problem on a Windows PC. Android version is also usable, with all the same books available.

• 3.  RE: Marvelous!!! New Kortex document reader for Juniper secure documents -

Posted 08-03-2017 12:02

You can scroll though it is not a smooth scroll. You have to use the mouse wheel in the document to scroll. But man, the level of frustration I had to go through with that other program, I am willing to accept this usnique feature. I am betting they can fix it, if they allow you to be able set two page but for now, I an not going to say anything to the Kortex team. Go the cog-wheel and set the zoom level/mode to "fit to width" and you get to scroll and the interface is beautiful, no clutter, I must say I used be literally angry every single time I had to use Watchdox, which aslo disabled some functionality on your system when open. Now all functionality I need is back. You can also change the color mode. I say again, now my greatest fear is that they will find a way to "fix" this beautifully functioning software.

• 4.  RE: Marvelous!!! New Kortex document reader for Juniper secure documents -

Posted 08-06-2017 15:16

I agree that watchdox is terrible. This is why I only installed it to print the content of secured pdf to unsecured one.

I used Cute PDF Writer. The little hack you had to do to be able to print to PDF was to change printer name so it didn't have "PDF" in it. For example "Cute Writer". This way the only annoyance was the watermark.

• 5.  RE: Marvelous!!! New Kortex document reader for Juniper secure documents -

Posted 08-06-2017 20:18

Now that one i did not figure out. I found 4 methods and each time, they disabled them, it had that inquisitive intrusive logging which sent back all kinds of activity about what you were doing but all encrypted. First time I was able to print to pdf writer, they disabled that, then I printed to XPS, they disabled that, then two other methods and they proceeded to disble bothIt was gadaweful, I am so much more happy with this one.

• 6.  RE: Marvelous!!! New Kortex document reader for Juniper secure documents -

Posted 08-07-2017 07:55

My students TOTALLY HATE it! 

Some of their complains:

It doesn't work with all operating systems. One of my student had a mac and couldn't get it to work so he had to use one of our computers in the training center. Another one couldn't get it to work with windows 10, so he had to look at the online version. 

Not being able to highlight and write notes in the the document is also a major problem for most students. 

Because it is one single document, you have to scroll up and down to be able to so see the lab diagrams and follow the lab instructions. 

They can only print a few pages at a time. 

• 7.  RE: Marvelous!!! New Kortex document reader for Juniper secure documents -

Posted 08-07-2017 23:45

Wow. So sorry to hear that. The problems you mentioned are exactly the ones that were resolved on Windows. But yes we can highlight, make notes and print limited number of pages at a time and they do track that. I gues they want to limit mass prinitng. On the other one, they completely disabled printing except to a physical printer. Or the work around mentioned inone of these comments. I do not know if that would be total limit and they would disable printing. But if that is there purpose, oh boy that is sad. Becaue one would need x number of people to print x pages, combine the whole thing and ooops! It appears that only the Web version is supported on the MAC.

http://www.kortext.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/KT-4017-KASR-Graphic-2017.pdf

They do have an app that can be downloaded on iOS but I guess that wouled be like for iPhones and iPad. Now I am not sure why that app could not be used on the Mac, they use similar OS. 

Windows 10 is something else. Here is what you can try on Windows 10. Right click on the executable>properties>Compatibility and check to run in compatibility mode, select Windows 7, apply it then run the executable and that should work. Or maybe MS removed that useful feature. Don't know, I really don't care for Windows 10. I know people who cannot live without it. Me I could stay Win 7 pro for a very very very long time. I sould suggest contacting their support and see what they say. 

You don't have to scroll to see the lab diags. There are 4 (unamed) icons at the top right, the first one thast looks like a shelf or closed windows, you click on that and you see the chapters (ToC) to the left and the lab diags at the bottom. Or any chapter you want to go to.

• 8.  RE: Marvelous!!! New Kortex document reader for Juniper secure documents -

Posted 08-08-2017 01:05
    It is available for MAC as well .
    http://www.kortext.com/support/mac-app/
    I have been using it on a Mac for some time , only problem I see is that already downloaded books fail to open ... we had to re-download the acsm file (from the web app ) and open it with the MAC APP .

• 9.  RE: Marvelous!!! New Kortex document reader for Juniper secure documents -

Posted 08-08-2017 07:53

See preaddep:

http://www.kortext.com/support/mac-app/

What specific issues doyou see with Windows 10. No know issues according to Kortext.