Training and Certification

last person joined: 9 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  New to Juniper - looking for some advice

Posted 01-19-2010 09:25

Hi,

My organization has just started using Juniper equipment and is preparing to deploy the EX 4200 and 8216 switches.  I am a Cisco IPT Engineer and am looking forward to deploying the Cisco VoIP platform with Juniper but I also need to catch up since my background is in Cisco IOS.

I would like to focus on studying for the JNCIA-EX, I think that the learning for this exam will help in my overall development but I can not find a book specific to it.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

• 2.  RE: New to Juniper - looking for some advice
    Best Answer

Posted 01-19-2010 09:40

There is a ton of stuff out there. Book wise look at the O'Reilly site - Junos Enterprise Routing and Junos Enterprise Switching by Marschke & Reynolds are two great books. There is also the Junos Cookbook on the site.

Also go to junos.juniper.net - great resource. Look at the "training and certification" tab and check out the fast track. It provides you with the documentation from the training class for the certificate. And post away on here!

Best of luck.

• 3.  RE: New to Juniper - looking for some advice

Posted 01-19-2010 09:50

Thanks, Kevin.  I'm reading through the JunOS Enterprise Switching Book (you're right, it's excellent so far).  Am wondering if I will need to read through the routing book.  In our particular environment, layer 3 switching will be used, I doubt we'll be using any routers.

• 4.  RE: New to Juniper - looking for some advice

Posted 01-19-2010 10:10

Not for the JNICA-EX - the switching book is great! I just mention the others cause I am a Juniper bigot 🙂

• 5.  RE: New to Juniper - looking for some advice

Posted 01-19-2010 11:15

Thanks for the help, Kevin.Smiley Happy