Training and Certification

last person joined: 2 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Passed JNCIA-Junos, Took the JNCIS-SEC class, now what?

Posted 01-21-2013 06:16

Good morning all!

In October I took a class with 8 of my co-workers, the JNCIS-SEC class, for one full week. I took my JNCIA-JunOS certification, passed that, and have been working with SRX's on a daily basis since then.

I am lost as to the lack of self training material (ie;, labs, sample configurations etc) available to Juniper candidates. One of our team members is attempting the JNCIE-ENT in two weeks, and he is frustrated at the lack of self-support of the higher levels.

I have my CCNA Security, and I self studied for that. Can someone post any references to self study material? Possibly lab configurations? I have a set of SRX240's I can play with, but I would like some scenarios to test and train on... any help?

Thanks,

Jason

• 2.  RE: Passed JNCIA-Junos, Took the JNCIS-SEC class, now what?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-21-2013 06:23

Hi Jason,

The lab guide for the class(es) you took are your primary source for practicing lab exercises.  Some other referencs include..,

-the (free) JNCIS-SEC study resources at www.juniper.net/fasttrack

-the (free) tech pubs

-the Junos Security book from O'Reilly

For Expert-level exams, check out the JNCP Resources page (http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/resources.html) to find links to workbooks for each JNCIE exam.

Regards,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

• 3.  RE: Passed JNCIA-Junos, Took the JNCIS-SEC class, now what?

Posted 01-21-2013 07:06

I do have my lab books still - however, these were already setup when we started our class.

We didnt really set any of them up from scratch, we just proceeded with the diagrams.

My 240's are at scratch config.. I guess I could set them up to match the diagrams.

Are there any other workbooks or scenarios?

Thanks for responding so fast.. I have my voucher that I need to use here. 🙂

• 4.  RE: Passed JNCIA-Junos, Took the JNCIS-SEC class, now what?

Posted 01-21-2013 07:13

Hi Jason,

There are scenarios and situations you can mock up in the references listed above.

In all cases you will need to create the lab setup/configs yourself.  But that's not a bad thing, practice makes perfect. 🙂

Cheers,

Kieran

• 5.  RE: Passed JNCIA-Junos, Took the JNCIS-SEC class, now what?

Posted 01-21-2013 07:36

Ok, I just purchased the e-book version of this O'Reilly book - Seems to be exactly what I need for more configuration type of stuff.

I am hoping to take my JNCIS-SEC exam by end of February.

Thanks!