Training and Certification

last person joined: 5 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
Expand all | Collapse all

Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

• 1.  Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-03-2011 19:22

Do these courses come with the lab books in addtion to the course material?

Thanks....

Chris

• 2.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com
    Best Answer

Posted 08-03-2011 19:35

Hi Chris,

Yes they do... it's basically like the class, minus the instructor and the gear 🙂  But everything else is provided for you!  The labs for these classes are in my opinion one of the best ways to prepare for IE exams.\

HTHs.

• 3.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-03-2011 19:45

Awesome....

I will be ordering five or six of these.  Thanks man.

• 4.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-04-2011 02:08
    and most important of all - free Juniper pen/highlighter combo included with each set ; )

• 5.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-04-2011 17:08

A free pen?  Man, thats worth the admission price alone 🙂

I just ordered six of these classes.  Time to get this JNCIE ball rolling 🙂

• 6.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-04-2011 18:16
    Man Chris! Six classes! I really like your enthusiasm! It will be great to have a double CCIE join the ranks of us JNCIEs. I'm warning you though, we're a more exclusive club 😉

• 7.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-10-2011 13:48

Thanks Stefan for the encouragement.  I know the JNCIE crowd is much smaller and exclusive.  I look forward to joining your ranks on the Enterprise and Security track.  I just finised putting the lab together and I hope to start taking the exams very soon.  Here is my lab setup:

2 - EX4200

2 - SRX650

2  - SRX240 (B)

5 - SRX210 (H)

4 - SRX100 (B)

7 - T1 cards

1 - 2811with 4 dual T1 controller cards for frame-relay switch and NM-32A card for terminal services.

1 - M7i 

Really looking forward to the journey.  I am really a N00B on JunOS though but its very intuitive thus far.  The redistribution is a little awkward to me, but I will get used to it.

• 8.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-10-2011 21:54
    Chris,

That is a monster lab... As long as you put in the prep time, you are going to kill it with that setup.

Welcome to a new and exciting, and IMHO a better way... We are happy to help as you embark on this journey!

• 9.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-11-2011 14:37

Yeah, its a great rack that I can do a lot with.  I wanted to recreate the Enterprise Routing book which has 13 routers, so I just pieced this together over the last year.  I delayed field replacement of some Cisco routers at work to build the lab.  My company has been very good to me allowing me to use the equipment.  I know I will be able to use this for the ENT and Security tracks, but I dont think it will take me throuh the service provider track.  You having all three is pretty darn impressive.  You been an over-achiever long?  🙂

• 10.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-12-2011 06:22

@csnow wrote:

Yeah, its a great rack that I can do a lot with.  I wanted to recreate the Enterprise Routing book which has 13 routers, so I just pieced this together over the last year.  I delayed field replacement of some Cisco routers at work to build the lab.  My company has been very good to me allowing me to use the equipment.  I know I will be able to use this for the ENT and Security tracks, but I dont think it will take me throuh the service provider track.  You having all three is pretty darn impressive.  You been an over-achiever long?  🙂

Chris,

I think you will be surprised what you can and cannot do with that lab setup.  You do realize you can set your SRX platforms to run in packet-mode correct?  This would allow those devices to behave more like our traditional router platforms.

Regarding your overly generous comments, it's not called over-achievement, rather it's called ADD 🙂

• 11.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-04-2011 19:10

Hi man,

Which track you plan to working on SP; ENT or SEC? I am interested on SEC.

Cheers,

Ning

• 12.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-05-2011 03:38

Hi,

Noticed that some training materials include free test vouchers. Do you know for how long they are valid for and if you can use it for any A/C/P tracks?

Thanks.

• 13.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-05-2011 05:05

The vouchers are good for 90 days. You can use them for any of the written exams for the SP, ENT, or SEC tracks.

• 14.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-09-2011 01:08

So this means that the vouchers that come with the course books are good for any exam? Even the voucher that comes with the Junos Routing Essentials course? I'd like to get a refresher on Junos with this book, but am planning to take the JNCIS-ENT exam with the voucher. Would this work?

Thanks in advance!

• 15.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-09-2011 12:10

IIRC, the voucher that comes with the Onfulfillment courseware is only valid for JNCIA-Junos, JNCIS-SP, JNCIS-ENT, or JNCIS-SEC.  I don't think they are valid towards JNCIP-level exams, but I could be wrong...  I do know for a fact however, that they cannot be used towards non-Junos tracks.

• 16.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-09-2011 12:17

Stefan,

They are good for the professional level exams as well. I have one sitting in front of me that I got from the Juniper Service Provider Switching courseware.

• 17.  RE: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

Posted 08-09-2011 16:24

Cool deal... thanks for the additional info...