Training, Certification, and Career Topics

Questions about JNCIP-ENT

‎08-05-2019 08:40 AM

Hi all,

I have a few questions about JNCIP-ENT and was wondering if anyone can help.

1) I recall a few weeks ago on Junos genius there was a Plus subscription service where I could access videos and practice tests relating to JNCIP-ENT. Has this now been done away with? Reason being I am able to access all the videos (all except the e-learning which I know are not part of Junos Genius) as well as the practice tests. 

2) I noticed quite a few certs were updated recently. Does anyone know if JNCIP-ENT will be updated this year? I am currently studying for JNCIA plan to knock out both that and JNCIS-ENT before the end of the year before moving onto JNCIP-ENT.

3) I have an old version of the AJEX and AJER study guides so my study plan was going to consist of using those guide along with reading related documentation on Juniper Tech library based on the exam objectives. Does this sound like a reasonable approach? I understand I can buy up to date versions of them online, but I find them quite pricey and I'm not sure if my work will justify spending that much.

Thanks

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Questions about JNCIP-ENT

‎08-05-2019 08:55 AM

Hi

Regarding AJEX take care that the old handouts may specify the old EX-syntax and not the newer ELS syntax.

But there are documents and day onebooks on the junipe site explaining differences

Regarding AJER there is nothing reall new, so now problem in my opinion.

regards

Alexander

‎08-05-2019 02:16 PM
Thanks for the reply Alexander. I've done a bit of digging and found the below link which contains a section on ELS with configuration examples. Would this cover everything?

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/layer-2-understanding.html#id-und...

‎08-06-2019 03:05 AM

I would recommend:

Day One: Ex Series Up and Running

Getting Started with Enhanced Layer 2 Software

If not found send me a private mail stating your email address and then I can forward it to you

regards

Alexander

‎08-06-2019 11:13 AM
I was able to find those documents many thanks Alex.