Training and Certification

last person joined: 6 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Sunnyvale vs. Herndon for IE exam

Posted 01-08-2013 16:30

I'm going to be scheduling my JNCIE lab exam in the next couple of days and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on which exam location (Sunnyvale or Herndon) is the easiest to travel around in -- such as, which is closest to an airport and within walking distance to hotels?  And any other details people who have traveled to one or both sites think might be helpful to first time traveler to those cities.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Sunnyvale vs. Herndon for IE exam
    Best Answer

Posted 01-09-2013 08:14

I've taken the exam in Herndon, but not Sunnyvale. The Herndon Juniper office and hotels are in close proximity to Dulles airport. I didn't even need a car. I wouldn't say its walkable, but everything is close. I stayed at a Hyatt House and had a hotel shuttle bring me to the Juniper office and the airport the following day.  If you plan on using a hotel shuttle, just make sure to call and confirm that they are willing to drive you to the Juniper office. Also, when you arrive set up the shuttle reservation at least the night before your exam and leave your hotel early.. just in case you have to contend with people checking out and sharing a ride with you to the airport. You don't want to be late for your exam :).

• 3.  RE: Sunnyvale vs. Herndon for IE exam

Posted 01-09-2013 08:48

Mysterx,

I'm leaning toward the the Herndon location right now based on the available dates in early April.  So your response was very helpful. 

Thanks!