Training, Certification, and Career Topics
Highlighted

Taking exams in wrong order. JNCIS and JNCIP; will I still get my certificaiton

‎03-12-2013 01:59 PM

Hi

I’m about to take my JNCIP exam before my JNCIS exam ( the wrong order ) will I still obtain my JNCIP certification as soon as my JNCIS exam is complete. 

( I'm taking them in the wrong order to make the best use out of an exam voucher that  expires in a few days.  )

Regards

Simon

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Taking exams in wrong order. JNCIS and JNCIP; will I still get my certificaiton

‎03-13-2013 05:20 AM

I would very much suspect so Simon. 🙂

Best Regards

Tom Roholm
JNCIS-ENT, FWV, SEC, SA, WLAN
Highlighted

Re: Taking exams in wrong order. JNCIS and JNCIP; will I still get my certificaiton

‎03-13-2013 05:30 AM

I dont think you can take them out of order.  I think you need the JNCIS to be eligible for the JNCIP

Brian Kaselak
Highlighted

‎03-13-2013 06:11 AM

I doubt VUE check what you already have.

JNCIP just wont' count until JNCIS is taken, I am just guessing of course.

Best Regards

Tom Roholm
JNCIS-ENT, FWV, SEC, SA, WLAN
Highlighted

‎03-13-2013 06:15 AM

Hi Simon,

You can take your exams in any order at Pearson VUE. However, you will not earn the JNCIP without first earning the JNCIS. As well, you will not earn the JNCIS without first earning the JNCIA. Your certification effective date will be the date you complete all requirements to earn that certification, which is not necessarily the same date you took that certifications supporting exam if you are taking them out of order.

Regards,

Tyler B
Juniper Networks Certification Program (JNCP)
--
Highlighted

‎03-13-2013 07:17 AM

Thanks Tyler

So long as I don't have to retake my JNCIP again after compleating my JNCIS I'm happy.

Thankyou for your assistance

Regards

Simon

Highlighted

‎03-13-2013 10:12 AM

Unfortunate that you have to take exam because voucher expires soon.

I try and activate only when I'm ready to sit exams. In such manner, they cannot expire.

All the Best.

Regards,
Willys W.
Highlighted

‎04-07-2013 10:46 AM

Hi Simon,

The best way to take exam is to follow the hierarchy order.

Take JNCIS first before JNCIP.

JNCIA
Juniper Networks Innovative Champion

If you find this as a solution you may click "Accept Solution".
If you think I deserve a kudos, you may also click the star icon at the bottom of my reply/post.
Feedback