Training and Certification

last person joined: 4 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  is it mandatory to give exam b4 voucher expiry?

Posted 12-21-2012 23:44

hello friends,

i have a 100% voucher of Professional level exam with expiry of 31st Dec 2012, I have registered my Exam with pearson vue, but i am afriad i may not be able to appear before 31 st dec, Can i reschedule my exam for some date in jan 2013??

• 2.  RE: is it mandatory to give exam b4 voucher expiry?

Posted 12-22-2012 02:54

I believe the expiry date was when you needed to use the voucher by, but it wouldn't prevent you from booking an exam outside of that expiry date.

The simpliest way to find out is login and hit reschedule.  If it allows you to change it and confirms the change, then you have a definite answer.  

I'd say you've nothing to lose by trying to reschedule it, so go for it and let us know what happens.

• 3.  RE: is it mandatory to give exam b4 voucher expiry?

Posted 12-22-2012 09:09

asad747,

You must take your exam prior to the expiration date of the voucher. If your voucher expires December 31st, then you need to take your exam prior to this date. If you attempt to reschedule your exam to a later date than December 31st, your voucher will no longer work.

Regards,

• 4.  RE: is it mandatory to give exam b4 voucher expiry?

Posted 12-22-2012 10:27

@Tyler B wrote:

If you attempt to reschedule your exam to a later date than December 31st, your voucher will no longer work.

I don't think that really matters much if I'm honest here.  It's 9 days before the voucher is due to expire and Asad has already said he's unable to take the exam before this time...personally I'd still attempt to change it anyway if there is the smallest glimmer of hope it can be rescheduled.  Even If it renders it invalid, he has lost nothing Smiley Happy

• 5.  RE: is it mandatory to give exam b4 voucher expiry?

Posted 12-22-2012 10:55

Martin,

I am part of the JNCP and help to set these policies with Pearson VUE. I can assure you the voucher will not work for an exam past its expiration date.

Attempting to schedule an exam for a date after the voucher expiration date will not work - this is the policy that has been set up.

Regards,

• 6.  RE: is it mandatory to give exam b4 voucher expiry?

Posted 12-22-2012 12:17

Yes, I know full well who you are, but you seem to have missed the point I was trying to make.

• 7.  RE: is it mandatory to give exam b4 voucher expiry?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-22-2012 12:22

Asad,

If you have registered for your exam using this voucher before December 31st, the best solution is to make the arrangements necessary to take your exam on that date or try to reschedule for another date prior to December 31st. Many testing centers have limited hours during the holiday season.

If you attempt to reschedule your exam to a date after December 31st, your voucher will not work. As well, you may risk not being able to find an open seat at a local testing center before December 31st if someone else takes the seat you give up.

Regards,

• 8.  RE: is it mandatory to give exam b4 voucher expiry?

Posted 12-31-2012 02:05

Dear friends,

Tyler was right. I was not able to re-schedule for dates later than 31st dec 2012,  So i gave the exam today on 31st Dec 2012 & Cleared it with 84% marks 😄

Thanks to all who replied.

• 9.  RE: is it mandatory to give exam b4 voucher expiry?

Posted 12-31-2012 04:01

Well done and many congratulations to you sir.

Sorry I wasn't able to give accurate information, but I am so pleased you managed to take it in the end and pass.

• 10.  RE: is it mandatory to give exam b4 voucher expiry?

Posted 12-31-2012 07:07

Congratulations Asad!