Training, Certification, and Career Topics

non-web-based JNCIE-SP bootcamps in 2012?

03.07.12   |  
‎03-07-2012 02:02 AM

Hello,

Could someone from Juniper check/confirm whether there will be more on-site bootcamps for JNCIE-SP track than 3/26 and 5/7 (full already)? I dont find Proteus's web-based-trainings (same price!) the same value for training as face-to-face enviroment.

Thank you!

-- 

Jiri

12 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: non-web-based JNCIE-SP bootcamps in 2012?

03.07.12   |  
‎03-07-2012 07:51 AM

Jiri,

Virtual training sessions have come a long way - that said, yes I would agree that some deliveries are best suited in a live environment.  If there is a course that we've found to be well positioned for virtual delivery, it is the JNCIE-SP bootcamp.  I'd encourage you to drop me or Rick a note to discuss the virtual class.  

Thanks

Andy

andy@proteus.net

03.07.12   |  
‎03-07-2012 10:43 AM

Jiri - have you checked in the Juniper Education registration system for boot camp availability?  Go here for me info https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/default.aspx

Liz Burns
Director, Education Services
Certification and Marketing Programs

Kudos are always appreciated!

03.07.12   |  
‎03-07-2012 11:03 AM

Hey Liz,

Yes I checked the portal, there are just those 2 mentioned (other fully booked, one slot available in other) on-site bootcamps available. I was curious whether you had any plans to roll more bootcamps in near future?

03.07.12   |  
‎03-07-2012 11:25 AM

Hey Andy,

Not really questioning quality of Proteus's bootcamps (took v.good one for jncip-m) nor materials (jncie-sp workbook feels solid enough) here, only a bit suspicious about the media and personally I disagree on the pricing, virtual course should not be the same price as live one. I'm curious tho, will send you mail later,

thanks

03.12.12   |  
‎03-12-2012 02:20 AM

Agree with that virtual course shouldn't be the same price as live!

And I also want to know when will distribute the course information of Q3/Q4? Smiley Happy

JNCIP-SP/ENT/SEC

03.14.12   |  
‎03-14-2012 03:09 AM

Hey,

They actually just pushed out some new courses,

https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/default.aspx

03.20.12   |  
‎03-20-2012 05:16 AM

Jacky,

The JNCIS-M is not longer available.  It was EOLed in 2010.  Our latest schedule of courses is available on the Juniper networks education website.  In addition, if there is a class you are looking for that is not offered please email training-reg@juniper.net

Regards,

Liz Burns

03.27.12   |  
‎03-27-2012 02:19 AM

Andy,

Does you online bootcamp use the official juniper bootcamp course book?

If so, do you also deliver it printed?

Thanks.

03.27.12   |  
‎03-27-2012 05:31 AM

PerG,

If you attend Juniper training at Juniper facilities or one of our authorized training partners you will get the Juniper training and workbooks.  You can see all live and on-line training offerings here http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/

Regards,

Liz Burns

03.27.12   |  
‎03-27-2012 05:53 AM

Hi Liz,

The JNCIE-SP Bootcamp offered "online" by Proteus is listed on the Juniper site - so I sort of assume that Proteus is following the official book - and that they will ship it beforehand.

However, I also noticed that Proteus are selling a another JNCIE-SP Preparation Workbook, which they sell both as printed book and in electronic format.

I just want to make sure it is different products.

Thanks.

04.12.12   |  
‎04-12-2012 06:09 PM

The workbook and our remote proctored labs are preparation materials independent of the JNCIE-SP Bootcamp that both we and Juniper offer.  Each preparation method provides the learner with a varied approach to preparing for the examination from the do-it yourselfer (preparation workbook) to the comprehensive guided preparation (bootcamp) to the final check ride (remote proctored lab). 

I hope that you'll consider these proven preparation tools when studying for your JNCIE-SP.

Andy

andy@proteus.net

www.proteus.net

04.13.12   |  
‎04-13-2012 03:39 AM

PerG,

Thank you for checking on this.  It is always a very good idea to make sure the materials you are using to prepare for Juniper exams are authorized.

Proteus is offering the Juniper authorized JNCIE-SP Bootcamp.  That material was developed by the SME's at Juniper, including several JNCIE's and the developers of the actual JNCIE-SP exam.  It is the best prep you can use for your JNCIE-SP exam.

The workbook and remote proctored lab Proteus is also offering is another prep option - to use in conjuction with other prep.  It is not an official Juniper course and was not developed by Juniper.  However, I have heard some good things about the process - which gives you live practice time on a rack.

Regards,

Liz Burns