WLA/WLC Series
Highlighted
WLA/WLC Series

How did Juniper miss this opportunity to buy Aruba?

‎03-04-2015 08:10 AM

So Aruba having the second largest share and deployment of the wireless community was bought by HP. Juniper is dropping it's current wireless solution to partner with Aruba but just thought to buy this profitable growing market. Jeez, you are killing me Juniper. And who bought Aruba, HP!!

[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!
If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
WLA/WLC Series

Re: How did Juniper miss this opportunity to buy Aruba?

‎03-09-2015 01:07 PM

I wonder how many people are considering leaving Juniper for good now that HP will soon own Aruba? The partnership with Aruba gave me some hope that the Juniper WLA product line would continue. Juniper's market share is so small now I am waiting for the day Juniper stops the R&D on there Wifi portfolio and just let it go.  I hope Juniper gives us a heads up one way or another before we get the shaft on a product line that will never see 80211 ac.

Highlighted
WLA/WLC Series

‎03-09-2015 06:16 PM

I just think Juniper is like when you tie a weight to a string and spinning it in perfect circle and then it breaks and only a matter of time before it falls. With WI-Fi seeming to be the nextgen WAN with gigabit speeds and possibly higher. You would think Juniper would grab at this midas machine. And f you really think about, from what I hear, they are only second place in that market because they give away less of their equipment. Juniper is done working on the current WLAN solutions and it is only a matter of time before it is gone, maybe some other vendor will buy it. it is sad. Huawei a pretty new player seems to just leap-frogging ahead with all kinds of technology.

Sad.

[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!
If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]
Highlighted
WLA/WLC Series

‎03-10-2015 09:53 AM

@lyndidon wrote:

With WI-Fi seeming to be the nextgen WAN with gigabit speeds and possibly higher.

WAN? Not enough range. LAN? Wireless is a shared medium, think hub, not switch.

Feedback