WLA/WLC Series
Highlighted
WLA/WLC Series

RingMaster 9.1

‎02-03-2020 12:38 AM

Hello all,

We have accidently axceeded our WLA's count. License allows only 15 AP's but accidentally has been added 16AP's and no one noticed the limit. After a while when needed to check RingMaster configuration, the licensing notification appeared at login and now we are not able to manage WLC anymore. How to solve the issue? Is it safe just to delete one WLAN Acces Point from the RingMaster? Will everything start to work as before? Or should we to do something more?

Attachments

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
WLA/WLC Series

Re: RingMaster 9.1

‎02-03-2020 03:29 AM

Hi Diami, I don't know the answer to that question, but I'll find out.

---

J

Highlighted
WLA/WLC Series

‎02-03-2020 04:42 AM

Just asked a colleague who spend quite some time on the old Trapeze portfolio some years ago.

As such you cannot delete an AP from the Ringmaster. You have to log into the relevant MX and delete the AP from that platform. I should then reflected in your Ringmaster and bring it back to a configurable state.

Let me know if you need more help.

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Klingenberg
Juniper Ambassador & Technology Architect, SEC DATACOM A/S (Denmark)
Highlighted
WLA/WLC Series

‎02-03-2020 04:54 AM

Thank you so much Jonas. I owe you a cold one Smiley Wink

Highlighted
WLA/WLC Series

‎02-05-2020 04:14 AM

Hi Jonas,

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunatelly your answer a bit unclear for me... What do you mean under MX and how to login there?  Smiley Happy 

In the RingMaster under Configuration -> WLAN Access Points I have a list of configured AP's. So you say to delete the exceeded AP won't solve the situation? I attached the print screen of my AP's.

Best Regards,

Dmitri

Attachments

Highlighted
WLA/WLC Series

[ Edited ]
‎02-10-2020 07:26 AM

Hi Dimitri

I am Jonas' colleague, and I have worked with RingMaster many many years ago

If you have the option to delete the Exceeding AP from RingMaster, do that.

If you do not have the option to delete it from RingMaster, you must do it on the wireless controller itself(MX)
Either via SSH or it's webinterface, if it's enabled.

Both these option require that you have the enable password(a "sudo" like password) for the Wireless Controller(MX)
If you do not have that password, there is a way to get it, but try from RingMaster first.

Let me know if that fails.

I have tried to attache 3 files:

mss_config_91.pdf - MSS Config guide
mss-77-cmdref.pdf - MX Cli guide
rm_config_guide_91.pdf - RingMaster configuration guide

But it fails miserably, so get them here:

https://secdatacom-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/martinn_secdatacom_dk/EapQOIcjsPZAiO_NiaO2F10Bf4...

Regards
Martin

Highlighted
WLA/WLC Series

[ Edited ]
‎02-11-2020 07:06 AM

Hi,

thank you for the reply. I deleted the AP but were not able to Deploy the change, this option is grayed. And the WLC still shows the status unmanaged...  Any more idea? So they way is to login into WLC via Putty or Telnet?  The RingMaster still does not have a communication with the WLC and shows that everything is down... Meanwhile wifi still works.

2020-02-12 09_01_08-Window.jpg

Br,

Dmitri

Highlighted
WLA/WLC Series

‎02-20-2020 03:16 AM

Hi Dmitri

If the WLC is in an unmanged state you will have to import it into RingMaster. Please see page 36 in the RM config guide I sent:

Uploading a WLC into a Network Plan
The following steps can be used to upload a WLC into an existing network plan:
1. Select the Configuration Navigation bar button.
2. In the Tasks panel, select Upload WLC.
3. In the IP Address field, enter the IP address of the WLC.
4. In the Enable Password field, type the enable password for the WLC. This password must
match the enable password creating using the set enablepass command in the CLI.
5. Click Next.
6. A dialogue box displays the upload progress.
7. After the Successfully uploaded device message is displayed, click Finish.
8. If error or warning messages are displayed, navigate to the Verification panel by clicking the
button on the Navigation bar.

This requires the Enable password for the controller. If you do not have this, you are almost lost. There is a way to recover it, but it is risky, and might fail.

Regards

Martin