vSRX
vSRX

vSRX installation on AWS

‎09-19-2018 03:21 PM

I am trying to deploy vSRX on AWS and each time i try to deploy it it fails Instacne status check. If i understand this correclty it requires cloud init, does anyone have a smple of the cloud init conifg that needs to be put in user data? I am surprised it is not well documented. 

3 REPLIES 3
vSRX

Re: vSRX installation on AWS

‎09-19-2018 10:20 PM

Cloud-init is not mandatory to deploy a VSRX instance on AWS.

Can you try following the steps outilied in the deployment guide (https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/vsrx/information-products/pathway-pages/security-vsrx-aw...).

Regards,
Gokul
vSRX

‎09-20-2018 06:26 AM

Hi, thank you for your response. I did try to follow the same guide but each time I deploy the instance comes up without reacahbility (please see the attached screenshot). I am deploying the following version of vSRX Next Generation Firewall :

Product Details
Sold by Juniper Networks
Customer Rating
 (0)
Latest Version 17.4R1-S1
Base Operating System Linux/Unix, Other 17.4R1-S1
Delivery Method 64-bit Amazon Machine Image (AMI)
License Agreement End User License Agreement
On Marketplace Since 2/12/17
AWS Services Required Amazon EBS, Amazon EC2

vSRX
Solution
Accepted by topic author hexnetworks
‎09-20-2018 06:53 AM

‎09-20-2018 06:53 AM

This is a silly one; patience is everything, looks like I was not waiting enough time for the instance to come up. It does fail the AWS check at first but I guess it needs more time to boot up and finish up auto configuration. I left the instance for over 30 minutes and now I can reach it, the AWS network status check also changed to green. It is all good now.