vSRX
vSRX

vSRX logs show "%DAEMON-3: knl_ifcheck_chunk: Starting interface state recovery". vSRX is running on ESXi 6.0 update 3 host.

‎05-10-2018 04:45 PM

Hello All,

Hopefully  someone can assist me in finding out what this error maybe. Currently I am running a vSRX ( Junos.OS 15.1X49-D90) on a ESXi 6.0 update 3 host, which runs on a Supermicro X9SCL/X9SCM server. This server is a 3.5Ghz Intel Xeon CPU E-3 1270 V2. 

What we are experiencing is the vSRX is running out of memory, which causes us the inability to log in via SSH and then the ipsec tunnels drop. We have no other option but to reboot the vSRX VM to re-establish connectivity.  I checked the logs on the ESXi server to see if I had an interface issue (half duplex, errors, etc.) but I do not see any issue. I checked my  vSRX interfaces using the following commands:

show interfaces ge-0/0/0.0 detail

show interfaces ge-0/0/1.0 detail

show interfaces st0.0 detail

There are no errors on any of these interfaces, so I checked the in vmk0 and 1 interface on the ESXi host and I see no errors. What is also interesting is that I cannot find this error using Juniper's "System Log Explorer" tool on their website, when performing a query on Junos.OS "15.1X49-D90".

Can anyone tell me what can be the issue?

Thanks,

TD